Jan 2021 | Sustainable Finance Featured News
1. Green Finance | China's green finance develops rapidly, green credit ranks first in the world
In recent years, China's green finance has developed rapidly, among which "green credit" ranks first in the world. By the end of the third quarter of 2020, the balance of domestic and foreign currency green loans was 11.55 trillion yuan, an increase of 16.3% over the beginning of the year. In the future, we should establish a policy incentive and restraint system, improve the information disclosure system, and promote more traditional credit to turn "green".
2. Renewable Energy| Ministry of ecology and environment: China's renewable energy investment exceeds 100 billion US dollars for five consecutive years
According to the data released by the Ministry of ecology environment, by the end of 2019, China's carbon dioxide emissions per unit of GDP had decreased by about 48.1% compared with 2005, and non fossil energy accounted for 15.3% of primary energy consumption. The number of patents, investment, installed capacity and power generation in the field of renewable energy have been ranked first in the world for many years, and the investment in renewable energy has exceeded 100 billion US dollars for five consecutive years.
3. Listed Companies | Lenovo's ESG Rating ranks first among Listed Companies in mainland China
On December 15, 2020, according to the list of ESG disclosure performance of Listed Companies in mainland China released by Bloomberg, Lenovo Group came out on top. Among the top 20 companies, only 5 have MSCI grade of A or above, and Lenovo Group is the only one with AA grade.
4. ESG Funds | China's ESG theme funds are hot, with more than 100 themed funds, with a scale of 100 billion, earning up to 90% this year
Wind statistics show that at present, there are over 102 ESG investment funds in the market, including pan ESG funds named as "sustainable", "green" and "social responsibility". As of the end of the third quarter, the net value of the funds amounted to 137.1 billion yuan, involving 50 fund companies. Meanwhile, as of December 9, 101 of the 102 ESG theme funds have achieved positive returns since the beginning of this year, with an average yield of 45.18%.
5. Green Bonds | Yi Gang, governor of the People's Bank of China: in the future, traditional fossil energy projects will be moved out of the support scope of the catalogue of green bond support projects
The people's Bank of China is revising the catalogue of green bond supported projects, removing the production and consumption projects of traditional fossil energy from the scope of support, adding climate friendly projects, demonstrating our firm commitment and determination to fulfill the emission reduction commitment.
6. Sustainable Stock Exchange | HKEx announces formal establishment of Sustainable and Green Exchange (STAGE)
On December 1, the HKEx announced the formal establishment of the sustainable and Green Exchange (STAGE), whic included 29 sustainable financial products listed on the HKEx and issued by leading Asian companies.
7. ESG Assessment | Standard release and implementation of ESG evaluation guide for listed companies in China's petroleum and chemical industry
On November 18, with the approval of China Chemical Industry Information Association, the group standard of China Chemical Industry Information Association, "ESG Evaluation Guide for Listed Companies in China's Petroleum and Chemical Industry" (hereinafter referred to as the Guide), jointly drafted by China Chengxin lvjin Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd. and China Chemical Industry Information Center, was officially released and implemented, becoming the first ESG evaluation standard for listed companies in China (T/CCIIA 0003-2020).
8. Blue Economy | Industrial Bank Bank becomes the signing institution and member of the sustainable Blue Economic and Financial Initiative of the United Nations
Recently, the Industrial Bank has become the 27th signatory and 49th member of the Sustainable Blue Economic and Financial initiative of the United Nations and the first Chinese signatory and member.
Source: public disclosure information and news